Apply to be a reader
We are seeking readers! Here are the details:
- You'd be reading unsolicited fiction (and sometimes nonfiction) submissions and have an opportunity to work on edits.
- You'd also have the opportunity to solicit writers for their work.
- Time commitment: maximum of 5 hours/week (occasional meetings--either face-to-face or via video chat--are included in this estimate).
To apply please send us the following:
- A list of writers (3-5) you think would be a good fit for Bodega and might like to solicit in the future
- An anecdote about yourself! A disaster story? A funny thing that happened in the subway?
- A few lines of bio--nothing fancy, just so we know who you are.
Please send your responses (or questions) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Reader Application."
This internship is an introduction to every aspect of our digital literary magazine. It's designed to provide real experience and help you hone in on the parts of publishing that interest you most.
You'd be assisting the managing editor with the day-to-day aspects of Bodega including publicity and marketing (Twitter, Facebook, newsletters, etc.), layout, contracts, updating our website, copyediting and proofreading, and soliciting writers for content.
You'd also rotate through meetings with our genre editors (poetry, fiction, and nonfiction) and have the opportunity to read unsolicited submissions.
Time Commitment: 10 hrs/wk (unpaid, course credit). About half of these hours can be done virtually.
To apply please email email@example.com with the subject "Internship Application."
In the body of the email, please tell us a little bit about yourself and about why you'd like to intern for Bodega. Please also attach a resume as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf.